Sunday, March 8, 2009

Andrews Lake - Snowdon Peak

Today we decided to snowshoe the area south of Andrews Lake and enjoyed the Snowdon Peak vista. The kids were feeling lazy and decided to not attend; this allowed Rebecca and I to enjoy the day as temporary empty-nesters. Our upcoming future!

Rebecca and I posed for the 10 second timer. We are standing in front of a few named mountains: the Grand Turk, Sultan Mountain, and Bear Mountain (ranging from 12700 ft to 13300 ft)

Warm enough to wear a short sleeve shirt when the wind was not blowing. In front of me is Snowdon Peak.

Wheh, made it to the top! We ascended from 10600 ft to approximately 12300 ft. The hike was 3 miles.

Rebecca displays her acting skills on the camera. 3-2-1, ACTION



On the way back down, Rebecca stands in front of Engineer Mountain. We are going to summit Engineer during this summer.

It was a great day! Click on any of the pictures for the full version.



2 comments:

  1. So weird to see all that snow and wearing short sleeves.

    Engineer Mountain looks daunting. I wonder why it's called Engineer Mountain; you must need MS Excel to ascend.

    Edit: I wonder if there's an easier way to edit comments instead of having to delete them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, as for wearing a short sleeve shirt, the weather is definitely different from Ohio; I think part dryness, much more sun, if you keep up the pace you quickly begin to sweat moving uphill, and maybe the altitude all come into play. I am not sure of the exact reason but I love it!

    ReplyDelete