Saturday, July 18, 2009

Beaver Creek - Xterra

Today, Tyler and I entered an Xterra at Beaver Creek, near Vail. - It consisted of an open water swim, mountain bike, and trail run. Tyler completed the short course and due to his outstanding performance I see him doing the full Xterra's very soon. The full course was 1 mile swim a 15.5 mile mountain bike with 3600 ft of elevation gain (it was a ball buster) and then a 5 mile run with another 1200 ft elevation gain. I was exhausted starting the run: dehydrated, hurting from the mountain bike ride, and had horrible stomach cramps from either dehydration or from the Gu shots. I ended up fast walking at least 2 of the 5 miles. Otherwise, we finished the race and we both have a future of nothing but faster improvement. Tyler stated "It was a blast, I cannot wait for the next one"


Below, Tyler chilling out at the deck of our hotel.
(Click for larger image)

I did not get any action shots of Tyler, his event was before mine. Tyler taking a snap shot of me in Transition 2 from bike to run. I am "quickly" getting on my trail shoes.
(Click for larger image)

After the race, father-son shot.
(Click for larger image)

Self notes: Swim I completed fairly well, faster than the pack, the mountain bike, I could not catch my breath and need to work on my climbing (yes, it was 3600 ft, but I felt weak), and finally the run/jog/hike, can improve dramitcally.

Stand by for other pictures and actual data results.

No comments:

Post a Comment