Saturday, July 11, 2009

Jones - Pinkerton - Dutch - Hermosa

Tyler and I mountain biked with Jim, Baird, and Walker today on a killer 20 mile trail(See subject title for the trail names). We peaked out at roughly 10300ft. I actually really enjoyed the climb up Jones; Pinkerton climb on the other hand was a gut check! Eventually, we were able to get some downhill and I apologize to the cows that we disturbed as we buzzed down the mountain.

The first 8 miles was approximately 3500 feet of climbing and it was not technical; instead, it was relentless and never ending! I loved every minute of it. The Garmin reported 3713 of total ascent for the entire 20 miles. I used an application known as SportTracks to gather the data.

Tyler and I we were a bit exhausted before even beginning today's ride due to the heavier week of training for next week's Xterra. But, it was character building. We eventually ended up with smiles upon completion!


(click for a larger image)

No comments:

Post a Comment