Monday, November 30, 2009

A taste of Night Riding...

I went out to fight the "skin-walkers" solo around 7pm. It was a bit chilly, 35 degrees and it seemed darker than usual. I jammed to the tunes from my iPod to drown out my fears of blood-thirsty coyotes or other sharp-toothed mammals looming in the dark. All was good until Michael Jackson's thriller song kicked in...(I had a buddy tell me the "skin-walkers" come out after 7! eep.)

I had borrowed different night riding lights from a buddy to compare the difference to what I already own. The differences: First, I had two lights this time, one mounted to my helmet with a second on the handlebars. My original setup only had a helmet light. I think I like this dual light setup and will have two lights for next years 24 hours of Moab.

I just took a few minutes of the video from the entire ride( I don't want to you to die of boredom so don't expect anything thrilling). When your watching the video, the camera is mounted behind my helmet light (you will notice the off/on green light). Take note of the two lights moving around and some of the few snow spots on the ground!!

1 comment:

  1. You look like a zombie at the end of this. It was a full moon night too. Scary

    ReplyDelete